The Revolution Is On The Move: The Only Mobile 5-Axis Shop Floor CMM

Posted by AIMS Metrology | Aug 1, 2016 2:00:00 PM | 0 Comments

Originally published in CMM Quarterly Magazine at  http://cmmquarterly.mbccmm.com/index.php/current-issue/93-past-articles/232-the-revolution-is-on-the-move-the-only-mobile-5-axis-shop-floor-cmm

Isn’t convenience nice? I know I enjoy it, and I think it’s safe to say that everyone does. You have to admit, when you see that batteries are in fact included with your purchase, you feel just a little relieved and happy. Or, when you want to buy chips and chip dip, and lo and behold, the grocery store added a stand-alone rack full of dip right next to your favorite flavor, you think that it’s, well, nice and convenient.

Read More >>

AIMS to Showcase Linear Motor-Driven and Mobile Shop Floor CMM Machines Driven by Renishaw 5-Axis Technology

Posted by AIMS Metrology | Jun 3, 2016 12:00:00 AM | 0 Comments

June 3, 2016. AIMS Metrology will feature coordinate measuring machines engineered to raise throughput and reduce operation costs while maintaining submicron accuracy at IMTS 2016, Booth # E-5836. The OEM manufactures, assembles and ships its machines from its recently expanded Dayton, Ohio facility and provides comprehensive service support. AIMS will demonstrate its Revolution LM series which employs linear motors with a Renishaw REVO 5-axis scanning system. AIMS also recently introduced its Revolution Series HB Shop Floor CMMs. Designed and built around Renishaw 5-axis technology, the Revolution HB is the only mobile 5-axis CMM on the market. Both models are especially suited to the needs of the automotive, aerospace and medical markets.

Read More >>